Lilypie Pregnancy tickers

Lilypie Pregnancy tickers

Friday, June 22, 2012

HEAVEN IS...

...Maternity clothes!!

I've been a bit self conscious about the 20lbs I put on after Tom and I got married.  I mean, what can I say?  The man makes me so happy I just have to eat (I'm watching Four Weddings on TLC and one of the brides even admits, "Food is Love").  I visited my sister at the beginning of April and had to run to the outlet by her house and buy some bigger pants, so when I got back home I told Tom that we were NOT going to have a baby until I dropped the 20lbs (then we did the deed and here we are).  

Needless to say, after a little over 11 weeks the baby is pushing out the fat around my belly and I'm tired of standing in my closet wondering which pair of yoga pants I'm going to sport for the day.  So I caved and called Laura (my MIL) in to assist in the search for comfort. 

I thought this was going to be a hard thing to do.  But immediate relief fell upon me as soon as we stepped foot in Motherhood Maternity!!  I kind of went a little crazy.  Laura had warned me that once I tried on maternity pants, I'd never be able to think about regular pants the same way.  She was sooooo right. 

I'm a bit of a chinsey (sp?) person.  I hate shopping because I hate spending money.  So I felt like someone had injected me with mad woman juice as I ran through this store putting my hands on every rack of clothes in site.  And Laura was over there piling more clothes onto the madness and I was loving it!!  I even loved trying on everything.  Not every pair of jeans worked, but I was able to actually find a pair that I LOVE.  And shorts, tops, a work outfit that's very versatile, underwear, etc!!  I'll have to admit that I broke a very small sweat when I stepped up to the register, but as I looked back and forth between my pile of clothes heaven and the clerk holding my debit card, I realized whatever it was it would be well worth it (I'll just use those food stamps for a while to make up for it). 

So I paid and we headed out to lunch at Italian Pie where Taylor works to celebrate our shopping victory.  As an added bonus, we timed it just right to catch Taylor on her break, so she got to sit and eat with us. 

After that we ran by Target and I picked up a few plain t-shirts.  I got "lost" in the baby section and it was all I could do to resist purchasing new born outfits for the hospital.  The girl outfit said "Ready to Party" and the boy outfit said "I'm the New Guy".  They were so tiny! 

Laura dropped me off at home and I proceeded to try on every outfit again.  I got to the last ensemble and Tom walked in from his meeting, so I tried them all on for him again!  Yea yea yea!

I was so excited to wake up this morning and put on a new outfit.  I went with the jean shorts and a blue tank.  I may do a wardrobe change mid afternoon to the cargo pants and white tank.  We'll see how I'm feeling  :O)

I get to model them all for my family and work colleagues over the next week, so I'm super excited about that too.  I work from home, so it's kind of a treat to go into the office for a few days.  And a bigger bonus to see my family while I'm at it!

No comments:

Post a Comment