Lilypie Pregnancy tickers

Lilypie Pregnancy tickers

Wednesday, June 13, 2012

The Longest 9 Months Ever!!

Time is moving so slowly it seems.  At least from an hour by hour perspective.  I'm such an impatient and nosy person that I think there are 2 main items that are contributing to the way I feel.

1)  We've known I was pregnant since I was only 3 weeks.  YES 3 WEEKS!  I took that damn home preggo test 1 week before my period was supposed to start, just because I wanted to know if I should be drinking myself silly in the Dominican Republic.  I mean I'm definitely glad I did, but this means I've known for 7 weeks now!  UG.  Most people I talk to find out the news around 6 or 7 weeks.  So in their 10th week they have only had a month to digest the info.  I've had 7 weeks!  Today, I finally unsubscribed from all of the email newsletters I've been receiving from babybump.com and wte.com.  It's interesting info, but I've already read it all...a few times!!   Plus, I work from home so sitting at the house with just a cat and dog to talk to can really drag out a day (sorry Miss Kitty and Roo).  I shouldn't bitch...I asked for this work from home gig and I do love it. 

2)  I just want to get to 16 weeks!  I think if I can make it to 16 weeks this feeling of impatience and anxiousness will die down a little.  At 16 weeks I can have an "informal" gender ultrasound at my docs office for $65.  And really, this is the main thing I want to know!  I just need my premonition that it's a girl confirmed.  Once I know this for sure, I can let go and move forward with my day dreams and planning!  As it stands now, I'll start to day dream about holding my little baby and I'll really start to connect, but then the dream gets side railed when my mind starts to wonder off to gender land.  I need to know that the baby I am dreaming about is a boy or girl.  Then the dream can complete itself and I can move on to feeding and baths and threatening my husband that he is NOT going golfing and leaving me behind with a screaming child...etc etc.  Poor Tom...  

1 comment:

  1. I pray for you both everyday but a little harder for Tom. (Sorry Katie). Love you both.

    ReplyDelete