Lilypie Pregnancy tickers

Lilypie Pregnancy tickers

Tuesday, June 12, 2012

10 week update 6-12-12

Necia finally sent me the photos of the tubing from labor day so she is redeemed.  I also forgot her birthday last week so, we are even.  ;o)  Not really, I'm a crappy friend for forgetting her birthday.
Lane, Grayson, Dillon, Will, and Chloe

Poppy's Dream Come True:  Grandkids on the tube!

Let's see, last week mom was here to visit.  She had come to New Orleans to perform in her Senior Traveling Performer group at Harrah's downtown.  So I went and saw that on Monday, and then she stopped here on her way back to Birmingham. She stayed Wed - Saturday.  We had lunch, went to a little league game, shopped, did a puzzle, watched movies and baked cookies.  She taught Dillon how to use the public library and I signed him up for the Summer Reading Program.  It was a very nice visit!  I cried when she left.

This past Sunday Dillon went to a birthday party for one of his cousins on his mom's side.  It rained all day so Tom and I laid around and watched the whole first season of that new USA show Suits.  It was pretty good. And it was even better to lay around on a rainy Sunday and do <in a high pitched opera voice> NOTHING!! 

As for symptoms - they are all pretty much the same except I have more nausea.  But still no vomiting.  I really just wish I could sometimes!

So on to the most exciting part of the blog...I had my 2nd OB appointment today.  Of course I had no clue what they were going to do so at first I told Tom he didn't have to go but then changed my mind yesterday. So he rearranged his schedule and accompanied me to the appointment. Of course we get there and his phone blows up with some new drama at work.  I got nervous he was going to miss the action but he made it in time.  They took my weight (gained 5 lbs but I'll make a disclaimer here that I fluctuate 5 lbs on a daily basis so I'm not worried), took my blood pressure (120/70 - I bet they'd have the heart attack if they saw my cholesterol!), and did a regular abdominal ultrasound!  Yea again! 


I sent my sister this photo via text and asked her what she thought of the sac (she said the last one was nice so I'm curious as to how the sac is holding out).  I have not heard.  Also, Dr. Tyding's kept referring to the little fetus as "he" and I quickly corrected him.  It's a "she".  Should I go ahead and start calling her Danni? 

Before we even started the ultrasound Dr. Tydings was trying to trick Tom, pointing to a blank screen and asking Tom if he saw the baby.  I was very confused.  You don't do this to a pregnant woman.

We did not hear the heartbeat but we did see it!  And most exciting of all, the baby moved around for us!  So it's really really real!!  I'm so glad Tom went with me. I hope it feels more real for him as well. Although this morning he did stroke my belly and I sadly had to inform him that he was just patting bloated bowels.  But it was a very cute gesture, I think...

No comments:

Post a Comment