Lilypie Pregnancy tickers

Lilypie Pregnancy tickers

Wednesday, June 20, 2012

Shut up and do what I say!

Why don't people just realize I always have a valid point, and I'm always right! 

My OB has a little flyer posted outside the reception window that states "2D Gender Prediction: 16 - 18 weeks.  $65".  So last time I was at the office I decided I wanted this.  I'm just busting at the seams (pun intended) to know if we are having a boy or a girl!  I want to go nuts at Carters and Target and Walmart! 

I didn't make the appointment right away because I wanted to get home and look at a calendar to determine when the best week would be.  I would like to take Dillon and he starts school on August 8th, which is in my 18th week. So I wrote down some dates, and stopped by yesterday when I was on my way back from taking Dillon to camp.

The receptionist asked me if I had ultrasounds done before, and I told her yes, I had 2 done at their office.  She wanted to know why they weren't able to tell the gender during those...UH I must look like I'm 6 months preg...lord help me since I'm only 11 weeks!  I explained this to her.  So I gave her the dates I wanted to come in to have their advertised $65 scan and she started looking at the calendar.  She then goes on to explain to me that I'll be wasting my money since there is no guarantee they'll be able to determine the sex and I'll be having a gender scan at week 20.  So I should just hold off.  I told her I didn't care (I wanted to tell her I has saved for the last 4 years to come up with this $65 bucks just so I could have this fancy scan - but I refrained - side note:  last week the grocery store clerk asked if I wanted to use my food stamps...).  She then wanted to run it by the nurse.  By this point I was more than aggravated...why do you advertise this scan for $65 if all you are going to do is question people and talk them out of it??  She comes back to her desk and tells me the same thing...I'd be wasting my money.  I wanted to reach through the window and pull her nappy hair out of her head.  Once again, I pointed to the flyer, and calmly explained that I wanted this $65 item, and I wanted to schedule it for the week of July 30. 

She finally gave up and pushed some papers across the threshold.  GEEZE!  I have a reason for schlepping my fat butt over to your office, so just shut up and do what I say!

My appointment is for August 2nd at 8am. 

Now to decide how we want to go about finding out...  should we have the tech put it in an envelope and then go out to breakfast?  yeah right...Tom, Dillon, and myself are all too impatient for all that!!

I'm so excited I can't wait!

2 comments:

  1. They obviously have no idea who they are messing with. :) Can't wait to find out if I am crocheting a pink or blue afghan.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I know right? I just dont understand why they advertise this service if they are just going to try and talk you out of it. Makes no sense to me!

    ReplyDelete