Lilypie Pregnancy tickers

Lilypie Pregnancy tickers

Thursday, July 5, 2012

Pedicure / Cupcakes / Wonderful Sister

Wow sorry folks - was traveling the week of June 25th and then Monday I came down with a cold.  So it's been a while.

So I guess this can kind of be my 13 week update?  I'm very confused by the What to Expect app.  It says this is the last week of my first trimester, but all of the other apps say I'm in the first week of my 2nd trimester.  So I silently celebrated to myself on Monday, but will really be excited on Tuesday the 10th, after my next OB appointment (and I'll for sure without a doubt be into my 2nd tri).

On to the updates.  Rewind to the last update - which was about about maternity clothes shopping (still rockin them!).

Dillon's 8 year old baseball team won playoff game after playoff game, and ended up winning the whole tournament!!

I headed to Birmingham on Saturday the 23rd to catch Andrew's first birthday "party".  This is where the 'cupcake' portion of the post title comes into play.  Meghan made lime green, baby blue, and lavender icing cupcakes, as well as a smash cake for Andrew to play in.

Here is a video of Andrew and his smash cake - Will helps him out at the end :o) ANDREW'S FIRST BIRTHDAY - SMASH CAKE!!

Some more photos from the weekend:




The day after the party, Meghan, Tina, and myself went to my favorite pedicure place (Venetian Nail Spa on Hwy 280 - where none of the beauticians are anywhere close to being Venetian...).  They are expensive but the place is very nice and everything is sterilized.  So that would be the 'Pedicure' portion of the post title.

As far as the title of this post goes - Meghan asked why I had not updated my blog yet with the "Pedicure / Cupcakes / Wonderful Sister" post, so here it is.  Now you know where the 'Wonderful Sister' portion of the post title comes from  :o)

I set off for Atlanta on Monday the 25th for 2 grueling days of team updates.  I love to see my team and interact with them, but sitting in a lecture style "death by power point" forum is just not my idea of a super good time.  Aside from the challenge of keeping myself awake for those 8 hours, it was nice to try out the new maternity clothes and share the big news with my team.  At least I was comfortable for those 2 days.  Needless to say, I will not be doing anymore meeting where I have to sit for 8 hours a day - my ankles disappeared!  It was the craziest thing that has happened to me thus far.  I propped them up for most of the following day and they were fine.  The only other time I noticed it was this last Monday.  During Dillon's gymnastic tryouts, Tom and I sat in the bleachers for an hour straight.  It started to happen again so I just got up and moved around.

After my team meeting I went to stay a couple of nights with Grayson and Katherine.  Grayson had no idea I was coming.  I walked in the door and snuck up behind him on the couch.  When his eyes had focused and he realized it was me, he said, "what the heck?!?!?"  It was cute.  I wish I could have spent the weekend with him but I was starting to get anxious about coming home.  Something about living out of a suitcase that just gets tiresome!

I headed back to Birmingham to spend one more night with the family.  Will spent the night with us and he went poo poo in the big potty!  (For anyone reading this that's not aware, this is a major milestone as he is autistic and at 4 years old, his mama is ready for poo poo in the big boy potty!!) Very exciting night.  We also made Home Run Inn pizzas.  Once again I'm baffled that we don't carry these frozen gems at our local grocery store in Mandeville, LA.  If Birmingham has them, why can't we??  So that was exciting for me as well. 

Finally got home on Saturday to a freshly cleaned home.  Our cleaning lady had been here the day before and it's SO NICE to come home to a sparkling clean house.  Tom had done the grocery shopping so that was wonderful as well (I'm not going to talk about the diet Pop Tarts he bought me).  I missed my husband.  Sometimes a week is just too long. 

Pregnancy Update:  I think my morning sickness has disappeared for the most part.  It never really was all that bad.  Boobs are still sore but I'm used to it now.  I think they got bigger!  I'm still up peeing all night long.  I do have a baby bump now and I'm excited about that.  I have noticed spider veins in my legs...  and I've already talked about the cankles!  I check my rings every few days and I can still get them off.  Really the only huge negative came over the past few days when I woke up Tuesday with a little cold.  Today is Thursday and I feel much much better, but Tues and Wed were the pits (Wed was July 4th so that sucked).  I took benedryl and tylenol to break my fever, but that was it.  I'm accustomed to taking about a half bottle of Nyquil and sucking on cough drops, so not having these things was a bit rough.  Thank god I'm over it now.  This is the quickest I've ever gotten over a cold.  Something to be said for prenatal vitamins??  Meghan admitted that Will probably gave it to me.  Little petrie dish.

That's about all I can think of for now.  Maybe I'll try and take some bump photos and post them later?

2 comments:

  1. My doctor told me that technically each trimester is 13 weeks and 2 days long. So the "what to expect" is probably more right. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. So are you celebrating?!? you should be 13w2d today right?

      Delete