Lilypie Pregnancy tickers

Lilypie Pregnancy tickers

Wednesday, August 15, 2012

The non-anatomy scan, movement, and new friends!

Yesterday I was supposed to have an anatomy scan.  But when Laura (MIL) and I arrived at Dr. T's office, they had messed up my appointment and I was only booked for a regular checkup.  They felt bad about the mix up since Laura was with me so they did an unofficial ultrasound just for fun.  They needed to check for the heartbeat anyway so...Dr. T did the scan and confirmed it's a girl :o)  And he took a pic that I gave to Laura.

So we go back Thursday (tomorrow) for the official scan.  It's really not all THAT exciting since I already know the gender and everything seems to be going just fine.

We had a very exciting moment yesterday morning.  Tom and woke up around 4:30am.  Danielle was just a kicking!  So I took Tom's hand and placed it on my belly and he felt her move!  Yea!  It made me feel so much more connected as a family.  I wanted to let Dillon experience it this morning but she didn't wake up until just now (after 2 large OJs). He has already left for school...  maybe tonight!

In other exciting news - I'm finally making me some friends!  All the facebook stalking is paying off.  I met up with two gals last week that I met on facebook and luckily they were not psycho stalkers (Thank you Jessica and Angela for not stabbing me and burying me in the basement!).  They both have little girls almost the same age (Isabella18 months and Juliette 14 months) so it was nice to see how little girl babies play together.  They hug and babble and play nice together.  Now this is not to say that Danni will be as sweet, I mean, she IS my child, but here's hoping!  Jessica (Juliette) is pregnant with her 2nd and Angela (Isabella) wants another.  So it was very refreshing to hang with some chicks that have common interests.

Yesterday I met Jessica and JuJu for lunch at the beach house. Juliette played in the sand for a few minutes BUT much like me she's not a fan of having crap on her hands (totally understandable girlfriend!!).  I wish I took some photos of her...I'm a bad blogger.  I was telling Jessica how nervous I am about breastfeeding.  I really want to do it, but my nips hurt so much now I can't imagine having a little monster clamped down on them for extended periods of time!  But she assured me I'll get used to it and if she has to come over and get the little booger latched on correctly she will!  I thought this was very cool - since she will have both an 18 month old and a 1 month old by this time.

Today I met Angela and Miss Isabella for some play time at the Fountainbleau Splash Pad - love this place!  Danni and I will visit it often. 
I'm so diggin that hat!!

Cute!  Before the shorts fell off  LOL.  She can save them for us...2 summers from now!






And the house remodeling continues...  :o)  P.S. there is work being done outside, something about replacing some siding and trim, but this is Tom's department.  Not nearly as exciting as fireplace removal...IMO.



Fireplace gone - now we just need to patch up the wall/ceiling, finish the paint and move into P3 - the Floors!!
  Hopefully tomorrow I can post some new photos of Miss Danni!!  (Dani or Danni?  I can't decide)

8 comments:

  1. Love that the Ju-ster and I made ur blog;) it's great for me to meet some friends here too. Still seems strange meeting people through the Internet ... How did people meet before all this technology? Our kids will be friends the good old fashioned way... Forced by their parents!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yep you and Angela can consider yourselves celebrities now :o)

      Delete
  2. Awww! I love the pics! <3 So glad you came to hang with us today! Great Post!
    I joined a "boob" group to help me with my nursing issues in the beginning. :-) The nurses were really nice and helpful.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I am now forming a boob group and inducting yourself and Jessica as the first members since ya'll know what you are doing. ;o) I will, however, be the president because rank is determined by boob size bwaa haa haa!

      Delete
  3. Replies
    1. OK I have several votes for Dani. I like it best too but I was afraid people would make the "A" a long "A".

      Delete
  4. Hahaha...Just u wait.. When ur milk comes in u will think they've doubled in size ..again! I hope you will be a Betsy milk cow like I was. It's a waste to have lots of boobs if they aren't gonba make lots of boob juice ;)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yep! You def. will qualify as the leader in that area! LOL I'll be sure to get you a fancy "udder cover"!

      Delete