Lilypie Pregnancy tickers

Lilypie Pregnancy tickers

Monday, August 13, 2012

19 weeks and home improvement!

I'm 19 weeks along today - yea!  If I were to deliver a week earlier than my due date we would be halfway to meeting Danielle - face to face that is.  I sometimes have to stop for a moment and think about the fact that I HAVE A BABY INSIDE ME!!  And I think about it more often now that she is more active.  Last night she was wiggling around so I put my hand on my belly and I felt her from the outside!! 

I'll take a comparison picture later.  Here is just a quick snap of Danielle at 19 weeks.


Tomorrow we are having our anatomy scan.  Laura (MIL) is coming with me so she can see her little grand daughter kick around.  I'm always a little anxious before these things.  It's that mama worry that I will never ever be able to get rid of.  So I might as well get used to it and try and relax. 

This weekend marked the beginning of our home improvement project!  There are about 10 phases to this project, but I'm only 100% certain of the first 5.

P1 - Paint living room, kitchen, and hallway. 
P2 - Remove the fireplace that divides the kitchen eating area from the living area.
P3 - ALL NEW FLOORING YEA!!  Wood throughout living room, kitchen, hall, and office.  New carpet in Danielle, Dillon's and the Master bedrooms.  Danielle's room is currently a guest room and will remain so until she is ready to sleep in there. :o) 
P4 - New countertops / sink in the kitchen
P5 - New air conditioner
(there was a prephase to this I guess - we removed 13 pine trees from the back yard and sodded it this past spring)

So P1 is 95% complete and today the contractors are here starting on P2.  The sounds of the demolition are music to my ears!  I think the fireplace is cool - it's a 2-way fireplace but we NEVER use it.  This is Louisiana - not Illinois.  There is no need for a fire, plus I don't feel like cleaning up soot.  And I really want some open concept living!  So completing P2 just makes way for what I'm really psyched about - P3!  I'm surprised at how well this carpeting has held up through the years.  It has to be at least 12 years old?? But, it's carpet and we have animals so it has to go!  Time for something fresh.  Here is a sneak peak of what's happening right now!

BEFORE - The fireplace could have just used a facelift - but in pure Katie style we are going with a forklift!
Another Before shot from the Living Room looking towards the Kitchen
Before - Kitchen looking into the Living Room
P1 - Paining begins.  Here you can see the color difference. Tile area is new paint.  Several shades lighter than the old.  I like them both but we decided to go lighter since we are putting in darker wood flooring.

During the paining process - just finished the living room.
Just finished painting the kitchen - Tom is very happy to be done with that!
And now... P2 begins!  The mantel is now laying on the floor!  I don't know what all those splotches are...need to clean my camera.
OK I was not a fan of the white tile so I'm really happy that's gone
So close!
  
The beasts seem to be very bothered by it all...
So that's just a sneak peak of what's going on in this household.  Hopefully I'll have another post tomorrow after the anatomy scan.  FYI on Friday we are leaving for Destin for the LA Sheriff's Conference.  We will be there Friday - Wed but I plan to take my camera and maybe do some blogging while we are there!  :o)

2 comments:

  1. Oh I am so excited to see the open room in a few weeks. Poor Roo and Miss Kitty....they are under so much stress. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Those animals are stressed to the point of passed out. So sad.

    ReplyDelete