Lilypie Pregnancy tickers

Lilypie Pregnancy tickers

Monday, August 20, 2012

Bored at the beach :o(

First off - let me start with an official Anatomy Scan update:

Last week (Thursday), Taylor (SIL) and Laura (MIL) accompanied me to my anatomy scan.  It went really well.  It only lasted about 15 min and everything looked great.  And once again, we confirmed Danni is Danni.  (I'm still on the fence about this spelling).
She may one day hate me for posting this pic on the web :o)

Bladder punchers.


 

I worked for the rest of the day while the contractor finished sealing up the wall where the fireplace had once been.  I would post pics, but my beloved waterproof camera is no longer waterproof (more on that later). 

I then headed downtown for a work meeting.  It was fun to see all the people I work with (remember I work from home so I only talk to these people on the phone typically).

So several weeks ago Tom asked me if I wanted to go to the LA Sherriff's Association Convention with him in Destin, FL.  I thought SURE!!  I'll work from the hotel and maybe catch a little beach time at lunch and get some sun on this white belly...so we decided to leave the Friday before so we could hang out before the conference started.  So we left on Friday, got to Destin, did some shopping and had a little dinner.  Saturday we had a little spa day, which was great!  I layed out by the pool for about an hour.   Got some dinner.  And then yesterday, Sunday, the rain started and has not stopped.  So needless to say, I'm bored at the beach.  Tom is at the conference and I'm stuck in the hotel.  I've caught up on all my work.  No calls until later this afternoon.  Bored bored bored.  I want to go home so at least I can start getting my house in order since it looks like we had a small snow storm in there, and 1 wall needs to be painted still.  I could also be throwing in some laundry, reorganizing something, etc etc.  I cannot possibly spend any more money on spa treatments.  I mean I could but I'm a cheap ass.  And there is nothing good to eat at the hotel and I have no car.  BLAH.  Wow what a complainer I am!  I could rent a car and go home, but there is no easy way to do that.  Someone would have to drive me to the rental place about 20 min away and then someone would have to pick me up in Slidell.  And I really enjoy seeing my husband when he's able to break away from customers to see me.

Oh and the camera - I've had it for 5 years.  It's water proof and shock proof.  I took it down to the beach with me Saturday so I could snap some photos for this blog.  So, as I've done many many times in the past, I took it in the water with me, snapped my pics...and it died!!  ...   OH WAIT - I just plugged in the SD card.  Here are the last 2 photos my little camera took in it's short lived existence...please a moment of silence.

The positive here was that the water was BEAUTIFUL!!  Clear and refreshing. Danni liked it.  SO at least my camera enjoyed a pleasant demise.

OK I may blog again a few more times since it's all I have to do.  Later!!

1 comment:

  1. You have a lot of cleaning to do by Saturday :))))
    I really don't care if I clean when I get there as long as I get to spend the weekend with you, Tom and Dillon.

    ReplyDelete