Lilypie Pregnancy tickers

Lilypie Pregnancy tickers

Thursday, August 2, 2012

The Big Reveal!! Boy or Girl???

This has been THE most anticipated morning of my life - aside from graduating college and getting married.  The difference being that I KNEW I was going to graduate and I KNEW I was going to get married!  But finding out if this little life that my husband and I created is going to be a little boy or a little girl...  now that was pure anticipation!

The morning started off a little rocky.  I was on a mission to make this child move around when we went in for our scan.  So my whole point in going to McDonald's and sitting down in the restaurant was to 1) kill time, and 2) drink a large OJ, a large Iced Vanilla Latte, and eat some sausage.  I mean if that doesn't get you jumping, what will?  Well, McDonald's was a mess.  They were running out of OJ, there was no ice for my latte, they forgot the cheese on my sausage biscuit, and we had to wait over 10 min.  This was not going as planned, but we suffered through it.

By the time we got to the Dr's office, I had to poop - thank you latte!  But there are signs posted everywhere that instruct us not to empty our bladders if we are having an ultrasound.  Well, if I empty the bowels, the bladder is naturally going to follow, and I wasn't going to do anything to jeopardize the results of this scan!
This is me...having to poop.



Me and Dillon
Tom and Dillon

We didn't have to wait long before they called our name.  The nurse led us back to the ultrasound room and I hopped up on the table rip roarin and ready to go!  The tech's name was Gina.  She used warm "goo" which was nice and started moving the ultrasound wand over my belly.  Black and white images of this little creature's butt popped up on the screen.  I had done my google research and I knew exactly what I was looking for!  The image we were looking at was as if you sat the baby on a glass table (naked) and were looking up at it from under the table.  I knew right away!  The tech had to keep jouncing my belly around to get the baby to move it's leg out of the way so we could snap a good pic.  The tech never said a word - she just typed the following on the screen for us to read:




























OMG I could look at the picture of that little butt all day long!  

I was SO excited and I couldn't hold in the tears.  It was exactly the outcome I was hoping for!  Again...thank you Latte!!  Tom said, "Oh my lord I'm in trouble."  And yes, he is for sure.  

So it's with great pleasure that we present Miss Danielle Elizabeth Henderson!  Or at least we present her butt.  LOL!  

Here are the rest of the pics.  The one with the mouth open pretty much says it all. 
If she is anything like me, this pic is appropriate!

Back - you can see her spine!

Front view.  The tech says her left hand is resting on her cheek.
After the scan we went looking for new flooring (interesting to us, boring for the rest of the world).  

Then we went to Carters and picked up a few outfits.  Since Taylor (Tom's sister) had to work, we went by her work to have lunch.  She works at Italian Pie.  So we wrapped up one of the outfits to surprise her with, but Dillon let it slip before we could show her the outfit!

We are leaving in about an hour to meet Madison (Tom's other sister) and Laura (my mother in law) at Olive Garden to have dinner and give them their little packages.  I had sent a text to my family earlier that said, "TEAM PINK!!  do not post on facebook!" so hopefully this can be a surprise for Laura and Madison.

By the way, we chose the name Danielle Elizabeth for the following reason:

Tom's Sister = Madison Danielle
Tom's Sister = Taylor Elizabeth
My Sister = Meghan Elizabeth

Anyway I am very excited to share this news with everyone. It truly was a remarkable day!!



6 comments:

  1. Love it! Congrats sweetie. Can't wait to meet her!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Me either! I cant believe I'm making a human!

      Delete
  2. Aawwww Congrats! #teamPink :-) I hope to join the team next week! 5 more days

    ReplyDelete
  3. So excited to add to my list of grandchildren. Now you just need to move back to Bham. :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. SSOooOO How did your lunch dates end up?! Were they just ecstatic!!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Yep we've already been blessed with lots of boys and just 1 girl so far on my side. My husband's side only has 1 child and that's my step son so yep they are really exited to be able to shop for pink!

    ReplyDelete