Lilypie Pregnancy tickers

Lilypie Pregnancy tickers

Monday, May 7, 2012

Big Mouth 5-7-12

I am not the kind of person that can keep a secret like being pregnant, especially since it's half my secret! It's because of this impatient trait that I don't think I have ever given a gift on the day the gift is supposed to be given, like a birthday or Christmas.  The exceptions are children's gifts of course.  But if I buy my husband a kick ass pistol for his birthday, I have to give it to him the day I buy it.  Which luckily he doesn't mind.  Most people don't, except my sister Meghan who takes the birthday business very seriously.  God bless her heart.

So here we sit, me being 5 weeks pregnant today (or am I in my 6th week?  Very confusing).  I can't believe it's real.  By now, I have taken about 15 home pregnancy tests as as well as confirmed via a blood test at the OB/GYN office.  3 of the HPTs and the blood test were all performed before we left for Punta Cana on April 25th.  Another 8 or so HPTs were done while we were in Punta Cana, and just for good measure I've taken about 3 more since we got home 5 days ago.  It's my version of pinching myself.

Being in Punta Cana that first week after we found out was fabulous for a blabber mouth like me.  There was little phone and internet access.  So I spent the time enjoying my husband and our surroundings, reading "What to Expect...", and scrolling through every pregancy app I had download before we boarded the plane.  My best friend Laura thinks I spent the whole time devouring these Fifty Shades of Grey novels she is so in love with.  HA!  Little does she know (and how badly I want to tell her my news!!).  We are supposed to discuss them tonight at book club so I'll have to make up an excuse as to why I didn't finish all 3.  I do want to read them so I dont want her or my mom to spoil the ending.  My sister still thinks we are discussing Hunger Games so maybe we can just go with that...

Also, while in Punta Cana and being 4 weeks along, I went deep sea fishing and we did the Canopy Zip Line.  While fishing we caught a blue marlin but it snapped the line before the guide could sink the big hook into it.  Drats!  That could have been a great way to tell the family our news.  "I caught this blue marlin...it was so cool...and I was 4 weeks pregnant!"  Oh well.  And the Zip Line was awesome as well.  I thought I would chicken out but surprisingly enough I had no fear.  I guess my subconcious was telling me something?  At any rate the trip was great.

The food at the resort was awesome!  At least it was for me.  I wanted to eat healthier (meaning cut down on fast food and get more greens, lean protein, etc) and the buffet was the easiest way to get started!  Every day I ate eggs, carrots, broccoli or snow peas, fruit, and baked chicken.  The soda tasted strange so I stayed away and drank lots (TONS) of water.  I would only have about half a cup of coffee to try and combat the caffein withdrawal but since I've been home I've weined myself completely.

At this point my symtoms have been minimal.  Of course the pee situation has been annoying.  I average about 30 trips to the bathroom in a 24 hour span.  But I can't tell if this is a symptom or if it's because I've been taking in a lot more water.  I'm telling you though, I stop drinking it at 8pm or earlier and am usually in bed by 9, but I still get up about every hour.  Also my boobs are large but they have been large since I gained about 40 pounds over the last year.  If they are destined to get bigger we (meaning my boobs and I) are in for a long road.  And they are constantly sore now.  My poor husband - look but no touch!  It's killing him.  I've had some fatigue but I've been working out so I think it's helping keep it to a minimum.  And the only time I experienced real nausea was on the plane ride home. I have never felt sick on a plane.  But I had to tell myself over and over - you will not vomit in front of all the people, you will not vomit in front of all the people.  And I didn't.  As soon as we landed I was ok.  I would have thought the fishing trip would have done me in... 

Side note:  Just talked to my dad and it was so hard not to say, "Hey, Guess What?!?".  Erg.

We would like Dillon to be the next person to know.  And then I would love to let Dillon annouce the big news.  I'm interested to see if he has any funny ideas on how to go about it.  For an 8 year old, he's got a pretty good comedic edge to him.  But we are still trying to decide on the best time.  We thought about mothers day but he'll be with his mom most likely.  Once we figure it out I'll update the blog.

No comments:

Post a Comment