Lilypie Pregnancy tickers

Lilypie Pregnancy tickers

Tuesday, July 24, 2012

15 & 16 week update 7-24-12

OK I've been a horrible blogger for the past 2 weeks.  I gave myself a spanking.

I went to Gulf Shores to visit my uncle in the hospital the weekend before last.  He was supposed to have a routine back surgery - in and out in 24 hours - but is still trying to recoup.  He is 80 and over the past few years his mind has started to age, so my cousin Lana and I think the anesthetic and pain killers had a magnified effect on his thought processes and has caused a very slow recovery.  Lana sent us an email and said they were hoping he can go home around the 31st of July.  And I always seem to call when they are out of the room eating lunch...  blah!

This last weekend my dad and Tina came to visit for 1 night.  Dad just bought a new Harley so they wanted to break it in.  Brave souls - endured rain storms all the way down.  It's about a 5.5 hour bike ride.  But we got to visit for a few hours and went out to dinner together.  I love spending time with family!  Even if it's just donuts and Laura's for breakfast!

Other than my weekend excitement, we've been fairly quiet around here.  No OB appointments or health issues for me.  The cat had a UTI, and I'm glad I caught on before Tom magically made her disappear for peeing in the garage.  And Dillon had a poop virus but Margie was nice enough to keep him so he didn't pass it on to me.

Work has been steady.  One of my account managers won a large contract.  Very happy for her and the team.  Makes all this effort we put forth worth it!

I have noticed an increase in appetite.  And a new craving...home grown tomatoes.  This started when my mother posted a facebook photo of tomatoes out of her garden (she lives in Birmingham).  So I made the mistake of commenting on how much I wanted a tomato sandwich.  This prompted her to post a photo of her making a tomato sandwich.  Very nice mom!  Luckily when I went to visit my uncle I was able to stop at a few (3 to be exact) produce stands on the side of the road and pick up a few.  Just when I ran out Dad and Tina showed up and brought me some more.  I still have some left but just when I'm about to run out of those I'll be headed to Birmingham on Thursday to meet up with my best friend from IL (also Laura) so I'll have another supply.  I'm hoping to pick up a different craving, one in which I'll be able to buy from Winn Dixie.

Randa and Katie  - Chipotle Baton Rouge
Oh and the really big news...a Chipotle has opened in Baton Rouge!!!!!   YEA!!!!  This is my all time favorite place to eat.  I get a burrito bowl with white rice, pinto beans, barbacoa, mild and medium green salsa, sour creme, and cheese.  Then I get a bag of their salt lime chips to dip in the bowl.  YUM.  Too bad Baton Rouge is 60 miles away.  But well worth the 120 mile round trip.  I have no calls for the rest of the afternoon.  I'm tempted to drive over there now and pick up dinner.  Anyway I went over there last week and met up with my friend Randa from high school.   Randa and I have not seen each other since high school - 16 years OMG - but we have followed each other on facebook for a long long time.  So I hit her up last week to see if she wanted to meet up.  And we did...for 3 hours!  It's hard to catch up on 16 years during a regular lunch hour.  It's good that we have such flexible schedules!! 




So that's all I have...until next time!!

1 comment:

  1. I finally made a blog. So excited. Hope to get to see you this weekend.

    ReplyDelete