Lilypie Pregnancy tickers

Lilypie Pregnancy tickers

Thursday, November 29, 2012

THE Baby Shower

This is something I had been looking forward to for MONTHS.  Seriously it felt like time was creeping along as I anticipated having my family together to celebrate this new little life - kind of like when I was waiting to hit that 17.5 week mark so we could find out our little bean was a girl.  Pregnancy has its ups and downs BUT the ups far outweigh the downs.  So many big surprises and reason's for family to be together! 

My only requests were that it wasn't a ladies only shower and that we had food...  everything else was left up to these fine ladies.  

The hostesses from left to right:  Meghan Whitfield (sister and it was at her house), Toni Dueitt (SIL),  Margaret Hendrix (mom), Me (me) and Tina McDaniel (step monster mother - she loves her nickname) . 
Everything was hot pink and zebra striped.  I call this the Jersey Shore theme and it started because I am (well, was until I plastered it all over this blog...) a closet Jersey Shore fanatic.  I even went through a fake nail/eyelash phase.  Anywhoo...during this phase of my life I asked mom to make me and Danni matching blankets, one side being hot pink, the other zebra striped.  So she did and somehow this spilled into the theme for the shower.  I LOVED IT!!  Especially Tina's pink pants. 

We had Jim N Nick's Barbeque and cupcakes with zebra liners, cream cheese icing spray painted pink with pink sprinkles.  And then Tina made her famous broccoli salad and mom did her potato salad.  Meghan did the cupcakes and Toni did a choc cherry dessert. 

Tina bought door prizes that matched the theme.  We played 2 games.  One had to do with not saying the word "baby" and the other was something I'll cherish forever - everyone had to write down their own advice for raising a baby and I had to guess who wrote it.  So cute and I have everyone's advice saved in a little book.

Everything turned out so super cute I could not believe it.  I was so happy to have everyone there!  I feel like Tom, Dillon, Danni and myself are very lucky to have such a wonderful family that loves us so much!! 

Here are some more pics from the shower.
Tom and Dillon's arrival

My grand entrance.  I had not seen all of the decor...so I was getting my first glance.  So exciting!

My toes left, Tina's toes right.  Even our toes joined in on the theme!

Me and my little Memaw

YUMMY!! 

Even the little tree in the background had pink lights.

Me and my hubby enjoying the night

This is not a cute child...

See not cute at all.  Meghan's youngest with his Poppie (my daddy).

Enjoying the food - Jim N Nicks  YUMMMM.  Oh and enjoying the company too...  :o)





Off to the right you can kind of see the blankets that started this whole theme

Nastiness.

Me and my bestie - all pinked out!

Again, some more non-cute kids.  For real where did all of these ugly kids come from?  LOL Dillon and Grayson showing some love.

I will also point out that Necia was tasked with entertaining me for the day.  So we went and had mani/pedis, did some shopping, and ate at Chipotle. All I had to do was enjoy my day and show up at the shower...  kind of like my wedding day.  Funny how that works out... 

So now that I've been home I've put away all Danni's loot, washed all of her clothes, set up her play pin and bassinet, and ordered my boob pump.  I'm all set to have a baby girl now (well, after my sister gets her butt down here and gives me some lessons on bassinets, bottle warmers, pumps, etc).

It was just awesome and I'm still beaming about it. 

Katie

1 comment:

  1. We had so much fun....your mom and I shopping, planning and then partying. You are loved my dear even by your step monster.

    ReplyDelete