Lilypie Pregnancy tickers

Lilypie Pregnancy tickers

Tuesday, December 4, 2012

Danni's Special Angel

Dear Danni -

My plan for you is to live a life filled with love and kindness, a kind of life everyone deserves.  I want you to know that as you grow and get older, you will have a special angel that will look over you and guide you.  She had a gleaming love for me and we shared a unique bond.  She taught me so much... like how babies are born (I still don't believe her!!).

I wish that you would have had the chance to meet her when she was here on earth, as I know she wanted to meet you.  But she left us on November 24th, 2012 - about a month before you are scheduled to arrive.  I want you to have these photos of her as a reminder that you will never be alone - always protected. 

This is your Great Aunt Gaggie -


Top left:  Holding me as a new born.  Top right: Her and mom helping me walk on the beach, Lana looking on.  Bottom:  Holding Meghan and I.  Meghan was a cute baby!


One of her visits - I would get SOOOO excited that she was coming!

I traveled a lot to see her, and we even went to Washington DC together (top photos).  She loved her gardens - bottom photos are of her English Garden at the house in Batesville, IN.  That was my favorite place to visit.

These were taken at mom's cabin in Talladega.  Aunt G and Uncle C had just bought a house close by so I always got to see them when I visited mom.

That's me in the big helmet.  We were at Lana's in Waconia, MN.  FREEZING TO DEATH!  I was actually about to ride their snow mobile.

Again in Talladega on top of Bald Rock.  Gorgeous view.  One of my favorite places to go. 

She had a pool with a cabana.  Top pic is me sleeping in her lap while she read her paper.  Bottom pic is my best friend Laura getting jealous of the attention and plopping in the middle of us.

This was the family at Aunt Meghan's wedding.  You don't know her as Aunt Meghan - Not sure what you will call her but I'll think of something good.

Top photo is at her and Uncle C's 50th wedding celebration.  Bottom is at Aunt Meghan's bachelorette party at Lulus in Gulf Shores. 

This is one of the last photos I have of us together.  Cousin Alan was an account manager at a Yacht company and he drove us around on this gorgeous yacht in a parade.  Her and I are wearing pink Santa hats I think.


I miss you Aunt G - please look over Danni for me. 

Love Katie

1 comment:

  1. What a wonderful tribute to Aunt Gaggie. I know you miss her.

    ReplyDelete