Lilypie Pregnancy tickers

Lilypie Pregnancy tickers

Thursday, November 29, 2012

34 Week Update

I'm not so good at this blogging thing - it's been over a month since the last update.  WHOOPS.  Sorry kind of busy creating a human life! 

I'm just going to give a general 34 week update here, and then I'll do a separate post about my amazing baby shower...  because it really deserves it's own post!

First and Foremost:  Let's get the bump comparison photo out of the way.  Please excuse my appearance.  Hey, at least I put on mascara.

OK so that's done...  and please just focus on the belly, not the number of chins I have developed. 

As for how I feel.  Well, large.  And sick...

I have to confess here to my little Danni that I've been drugging her with codeine.  I'm sure if she is like her mama, she doesn't mind too much, but I'm sorry I could not give her the opportunity to "Just Say No".  Today marks the 20th (? I may have lost count ?) day of a terrible cough I have developed.  I have seen the OB twice and my regular doc once.  The OB thinks it's sinus drainage - but he looks at pregnant belly's and hoo ha's all day, so what does he know?  The regular doc thinks it's Whooping Cough or Walking Pneumonia but he didn't test me.  I hate doctors. SO at this point I've been prescribed Robitussin with codeine AND as of Tuesday an antibiotic.  It's not working fast enough.  I'm convinced my rib is cracked from the violent cough, and frankly, I'm tired of peeing on myself.  I think my little sickness DID help me loose a pound over the holidays...  at least it has it's perks!

Other than being sick, everything else is going great!  I start my weekly appointments next week. So he will start checking me to see if I'm dilating and how big my little whopper is.  He said no to going past 40 weeks so I know that by January 7th she'll be in my arms, but at this point I assume even that could change.  Her head is down where it's supposed to be, and I feel her move all the time.  I can feel her turn her head and flip from side to side.  She has the hiccups about 3 times a day now.  This used to be endearing, but now I feel like she is poking me and saying "Mama, mama, mama mama" with every hiccup.  Tom does not understand that this has become annoying, so occasionally I send him back to back texts "Mama....Mama...Mama...Mama....Mama..." until she stops.  This annoys him to the point of threats to withhold food from me, so at least he understands a little better I think.

Funny story:  The other night I nonchalantly mentioned to Tom that a Coach Diaper Bag this would be a good Christmas idea for me - he likes to buy me nice things, I want stuff for the baby...   easy right?  Well he gets his panties in a bunch about it and kind of stomps out of the room.  WTH?  He fixes himself a bowl of cereal and comes back in the room and stares me down and proceeds to tell me how much I piss him off with my ability to ruin a good surprise.  :o)  That same night he had been across the lake buying me said bag.  And he didn't want me to think he went out and bought me one just because I had mentioned it, you know he wanted the credit for thinking about it all on his own.  I must say, I DO love to spoil a good surprise.  Don't know why...  Anyway I CANNOT wait to use it!!  I already have it packed with some items.    


That about does it for my 34 week update.  I have 2 more posts that I need to make TODAY so be on the lookout.  As a matter of fact, why don't you just join my blog so it at least looks like I'm a hot popular blogger - links to the right I think...  :o)

Katie

No comments:

Post a Comment