Lilypie Pregnancy tickers

Lilypie Pregnancy tickers

Wednesday, October 24, 2012

The Whopper & Dillon's Field Trip

Today Danni is 29 Weeks, 2 Days. 

Last week I had my regular OB check.  Her heart rate was 156 which is great.  The doc was examining/palpating/ pressing around my belly and he states "Oh my we have a whopper in there."  While I am excited she's "healthy" I'm a little afraid about what that means in terms of the watermelon through a lemon hole analogy.  You get my drift.

I also went for my Gestational Diabetes test.  This is where you go to one of those Lab Corp/Quest Diagnostic type places and drink this sugary concoction that reminded me of a flat Orange Crush with way more sugar.  Then you wait exactly one hour and they draw your blood.  This tells the doc if your body is processing sugar normally.  I am happy to announce I passed.  They consider anything under 130 to be normal and I was 84.  This tells me my body loves sugar and that I should celebrate with a bowl of ice cream.

Yesterday I "chaperoned" Dillon's class field trip to Luizzo Produce Farms in Amite.  It was pretty cool.  They had pumpkin decorating, a corn maze, a tour of the farm, etc.  We got to pet the animals and feed the baby cow.  They even have a 5 month old zebra!  I also learned the best time to buy strawberries is in the winter.  By end of spring/summer, the plants are exhausted.  Good to know!

This was their Pumpkin Patch.  They have a real patch behind it but it had already been harvested and this was what was left.


Mrs. Brown's Class

Please note Dillon picks the table where the ladies are.  Loves them girls!


Dillon painted a Patriotic Pumpkin


Holding a teenage duck.


Very pretty Zebra!









Until next time...

Katie

2 comments:

  1. How fun to get to go on a field trip. Ask them if we can borrow the zebra for decoration for your BB shower. HEHEHE. I don't think Meghan will mind.

    ReplyDelete
  2. that zebra needed a hot pink collar thingy.

    ReplyDelete