Lilypie Pregnancy tickers

Lilypie Pregnancy tickers

Wednesday, September 5, 2012

22 Weeks and Home Improvement Con't

22 weeks and 2 days today!  Pregnancy time is flying by...home remodeling time is wading through a river of molasses. 

Someone needs to poke me in the eyeballs with hot needles so I'll remember that home remodeling really isn't such a bad thing.  I'm just tired of it...  we were supposed to be finished last Friday, before Labor Day.  I even had my cleaning service scheduled for Friday so that we could enjoy the labor day weekend.  Not so much.  The damn hurricane (which really was just a regular old storm as far as I could tell) has royally screwed the schedule.  The day before the work was to start, we had moved the washer, dryer, and fridge to the garage.  Then the "hurricane" took a turn towards us and everyone lost their minds.  So we had to cancel the work, but our appliances have remained in the garage.  I hate going out to the garage to get a bottle of water or some ketchup.  And the laundry is getting out of control!!  I am leaving in 2 days for Illinois to visit Laura (IL BFF) and I'm going to have to take dirty clothes and wash them when I get there. But the good news is...after 2 days of prep (scraping tile and leveling the floor), the living room and eating area of the kitchen now have new wood flooring and it looks amazing!  I hate that I have no camera.  The installers left at about 8 pm so it's too dark for the crappy camera on my phone to capture the results.  Maybe tomorrow...

I had my normal OB appointment yesterday.  I was a little concerned because I had experienced a little "fluid" leakage the day before.  I can't explain it and have no idea what it was, but Dr. Tydings did a amnio test strip and it was negative.  And it has not happened since.  Like I said, no clue what that was and I really don't want to venture to guess.  I also have a lump in my right breast that I needed him to check.  I felt it a couple of years ago and it was diagnosed via a mammogram as a cyst.  But now it's larger than it was when I first found it.  I had my routine mammogram last January so I'm sure it's just some strange mammary thing. But to be sure I'm going to have a boob ultrasound tomorrow.  Danni's heartrate was 153 and she is kicking (or punching?) away in there. 

2 weeks ago Tom and I painted the kitchen and living room.  I did most of the taping and really didn't have too many problems with it.  But in the past week I've noticed my bend radius isn't what it was 2 weeks ago.  It's crazy how all that changes so quickly!  And I just feel bigger.  So today, in the middle of Home Depot when Tom announced he was going to paint the master bedroom, I BEGGED him to hold off.  I can't help him do it - not like 2 weeks ago.  And this is the only room in the house that I have to sit or rest or work from since the rest of our house is turned up side down!  As much as I'm getting tired of staring at these 4 walls, I need my little sanctuary!  I'm hoping he has dropped this idea.  I like the idea of painting the bedroom and I like the paints he picked out...just not right now.  Mama needs the rest of the house to be completed and a little R&R before we tackle another project. 

Friday I'm off to Bloomington, IL to visit with good friends.  Looking forward to getting away from the house madness for a few days and seeing some good friends!  If Tom would like to paint the bedroom at this time, he has my blessing...as long as my room is put together when I return on Tuesday!

Until next time...(and sorry no pics...  I may purchase a new camera while I'm with the expert Laura in a few days).

No comments:

Post a Comment